Invisalign® Clear Aligners in Littleton, COGetting a straighter smile doesn’t necessarily have to mean wearing braces. Invisalign is a clear, convenient orthodontic option that allows you to still feel confident in your smile during the entire teeth-straightening process. To see if Invisalign is right for you, contact Summit Family Orthodontics for a consultation!
How Do Invisalign Aligners Work?Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment referred to as aligner therapy. The process entails wearing a series of aligners (sometimes also called trays), each of which is designed to move your teeth to a specific position. While braces essentially pull your teeth into place, Invisalign aligners gently push them. As you make your way through your aligners, you’ll see your teeth getting closer and closer to your desired end results. We design your aligners using 3D computer imaging after taking digital impressions. The number of aligners in your treatment depends on how severe your teeth misalignment is. It’s important to wear your Invisalign aligners for a majority of the day to stay on track with your treatment, and you’ll wear each set for around two weeks.
What Are the Advantages of Invisalign?
There are many different reasons why patients prefer Invisalign compared to other orthodontic procedures. These are some of the main advantages:
- Since Invisalign aligners are clear, you don’t have to feel shy about showing off your smile while undergoing treatment.
- The aligners are completely removable so you don’t have to deal with food restrictions.
- Since you can take them out, you can continue to brush and floss your teeth like normal.
- The aligners are made from smooth plastic, making them gentle on your teeth, gums, and cheeks.
- You don’t need to get the aligners adjusted, which means less time spent at our orthodontist’s office.