Are you ready to reveal a healthier, more radiant smile? Orthodontic treatment can help by improving the appearance and position of your teeth, but there’s plenty that happens before you begin the process. If you’re thinking about scheduling your first orthodontic visit, here’s what you should expect:
When to go:
It’s recommended that you see an orthodontist at the age of seven. While some issues may need to be treated at an earlier age, some people are lucky enough to not require orthodontic treatment at all.
What to expect:
– A review of your medical and dental history
– An oral examination. If necessary, digital photos and x-rays will be taken.
– An outline of treatment options.
– Question and answers about treatment plan options.
– Explanation of financial obligations and payment plans offered.
Benefits of braces:
There are both short-term and long-term benefits of receiving braces, such as:
– Proper alignment of teeth
– Improvements in dental hygiene
– Teeth protection
– Ability to bite and chew properly
– Self-confidence boost
When making the decision to undergo orthodontic treatment, the most important thing is to choose the orthodontist you’re most comfortable with. At Summit Family Orthodontics, we believe that each and every patient who walks through our doors should feel comfortable and confident in their smile, no matter their age.
Please contact us today to schedule an orthodontic consultation with Dr. Harvey and our caring, compassionate team. From traditional to cutting-edge braces options, Summit Family Orthodontics can help make your transition an easy one. We are conveniently located in Littleton, CO, but our doctors proudly also serve patients from throughout the surrounding areas, including Southglenn, Englewood, Greenwood Village, Columbine, and beyond.